Moist and delicious, this apple cinnamon cake is a winner! The dough is the same dough I use for my chocolate chip cookie dough cake.
Apple Cinnamon Cake
A moist, flavorful apple cinnamon cake
Write a review
- 2 cans organic garbanzo beans or 3 cups of home-cooked garbanzo beans (good source of fiber and folate!)
- 1 cup quick oats
- ¼ cup organic applesauce
- 3 tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 and 1/3 cups Sucanat (or organic dried cane sugar or coconut sugar)
Apple Topping Ingredients
- 2 apples, cored and sliced into thin wedges
- 1 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 heaping tbsp coconut sugar or cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions for Cake
- Blend everything very well (3-5 min) in a food processor, not a blender.
- Pour into an oiled pan (anything between a 10 inch and a 13 inch will work, depending on how “deep dish” you like it).
Directions for apple cinnamon topping
- Toss apple topping ingredients together with your hands.
- Layer on top of cake in a decorative fashion
- Cook at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes if you can wait that long (I never can). Delicious warm and cold and in-between.
Refuas HaGuf https://www.refuashaguf.com/