These are delicious and creative, packed with protein and fun to make. Just in time for Purim!
Dough: Combine the following:
2 1/2 C almond flour (I use Honeyville when I don’t have time to make my own)
1/4 C cocoa powder
1/2 C honey
pinch of salt
Caramel filling: Combine the following and blend in a food processor, adding a teaspoon of water at a time, as needed, until it reaches a caramel consistency:
12 Medjool Dates, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
6 tablespoons of coconut milk (best to use the cream on top of coconut milk can if possible – I use Native Forest Coconut Milk because the cans are BPA free)
2-4 teaspoons of filtered water as needed for consistency
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Mix dough ingredients together and shape into 1 inch balls.
3. Place dough balls onto parchment lined baking sheet and press flat with palm of hand. Dough should be flat, round and about 1/4 inch thick.
4. Place about 1/2 tsp of caramel filling into center of each circle and pinch into three corners.
5. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, until texture is crumbly.
This dough is also good with raspberry filling or other creative filling of your choice. Chag Sameach! Happy Purim!