This meaty dish is so delicious, I’m embarrased to tell you how much I just ate.
Prep time: 20 minutes total of chopping and sautéing, however you need to bake the spaghetti squash for 45 minutes to one hour.
2 pounds of ground beef
1 large or 2 small spaghetti squash
1 onion, diced
4 -6 cloves of garlic depending on your taste, pressed or diced
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
1. Cut spaghetti squash in half and place on parchment-lined baking sheet, cut side down. Bake on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 45 minutes, until flesh is soft to touch and you can make an indentation with your finger.
2. While squash is cooking, sauté onion in coconut oil until translucent, and then add beef and garlic. After 5 minutes of sauteing, add 1 can of tomato sauce, salt and spices. Set aside.
3. When squash is done cooking, scoop out threads (spaghetti squash threads once cooked, hence the name) and mix with beef mixture.
4. Whisk eggs and mix into mixture.
5. Place into a greased (with coconut oil of course) 9 inch by 9 inch square pan, or larger pan for a thinner “pie.”
6. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately one hour, or until top is nicely browned.