I love zucchini season. These delicious, gluten free, protein-full muffins are a great way to take advantage of it. I tripled the recipe and shredded about a dozen zucchini and froze several bags, because, as you will see, these muffins have a tendency to disappear very quickly. They freeze well, and are a hit with kids. I have been packing these in my daughter’s lunch all week.
Prep time: 10 minutes. Bake time: 45 min.
1/2 C coconut flour
1/2 cup coconut oil (liquified), melted butter would also work well
1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
3 cups peeled and grated zucchini (important to peel zucchini before grating, otherwise you risk the peel having a bitter after-taste)
* Important step: if zucchini seems wet, squeeze out excess water so that muffins do not turn out soggy.
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
optional: 1/2 cup of raisins
optional: 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farhenheit.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl. When thoroughly mixed, add zucchini to wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Incorporate wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Line muffin tin with paper cups or light coat of oil and fill about half way.
6. Bake at 350 for about 40 to 45 min. Muffins are done when they bounce back to touch.