Prep time: 10 minutes, Baking Time: 30 minutes
1 medium sweet potato ~ equivalent to 1 cup
1 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
6 medjool dates, pitted
3 eggs, whisked
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1.5 cup raw walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup raw honey
2 teaspoons cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke holes in your sweet potato and bake for 30-40 minutes or until soft and completely cooked through.
- While your sweet potato cooks, add your dates to a food processor and pulse to combine. Then add your cashews and let run until you have paste with the cashews completely broken down.
- Once your sweet potato is cooked, reduce heat of oven to 350 degrees.
- Add cashew and date mixture to a bowl, along with your baked sweet potato with the skin removed, eggs and all other bread ingredients. Mix well.
- Grease your pan, any pan will do, and pour in mixture.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, depending on depth of pan, then let cool.
- While the kugel is baking, place a small skillet over medium heat and add your coconut oil then chopped walnuts.
- Let the walnuts begin to toast for a minute or two, then add your honey, cinnamon, and pinch of salt.
- Mix to combine and let cook for about 1-2 minutes more.
- Add your sticky nut mixture to the top of your sweet potato breads.
- Let cool completely (the nut mixture will harden a bit) then cut and serve!