When I served these the other week, my husband said, “OK, so that’s it, you did it, you made the perfect dessert, no need to try anything else.” These are almost too good. Its hard to believe they are made from such healthy ingredients.
Prep Time: 5 minutes to blend, 30 minutes to set in freezer.
1 cup almond butter (really delicious with peanut butter as well, as an alternative, and would probably work with any nut butter or sunflower seed butter)
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 tablespoon coconut oil or walnut oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon (helps with blood sugar regulation)
1 cup coconut oil
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup raw honey
1. Place the ingredients for bottom layer into a food processor and puree until smooth.
2. Scoop into small paper cupcake cups or small muffin tins.
3. Place into freezer and allow to set.
4. While bottom layer is setting, blend top layer ingredients in food processor.
5. Scoop fudge (depending on cosistency of coconut oil, it may be very liquidy – coconut oil is liquid in warmer temperature) on top of each frozen almond butter cup (bottom layer need not be solid yet in order for you to scoop on top layer).
6. Place in freezer and allow 30 minutes to set.